Friday, March 9, 2012

New day, new department

I ended my Orthopaedics posting without much hassle, Alhamdulillah.
 I think I did quite well there, especially in the last 2 months. I knew what operation to expect, what the MOs would want to know and stuff so especially in the last month - February - Ortho was a breeze and so much fun!

Now I'm in Surgical department and it's starting all over again.

My colleagues are not as helpful or nice as those that I had during Orthopaedics. They are more bossy and care more about finishing their own work and covering their own ass. As a tagger, I'm doing all the scut work around here. New case? Guess who's clerking. Trace investigations? Me again. Urgent CT or Ultrasound? Yup, still me.

I'm really not doing so well here. My MOs think I'm a nuisance, I'm sure, as I can't really help them at all. When I clerk new case and present to them, they always sigh and flip through the case sheet themselves. And I always don't do certain investigations that are important - because I didn't know it was important!!

I have so much to catch up and learn, and I have a Viva to do, preferably before the next week.Surgical department is depressing. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment