Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wow

Another week passed by!
Yay!

I've just gotten wind of my housemenship schedule...next up is....


SURGERY!!!

I'm having a headache just thinking about it. Hearing about the department from my friends, its absolutely terrible. But that's for later. For now, I have to concentrate on Orthopedics.

From what I realized, Russian grads (or possibly, just me) are quite horrid in Orthopedics. The main thing we have to do is clerk, get a concise and correct history of the patient's illness and examine them. But a lot of the physical examination skills we never learned in Nizhny, or at least I never did.

I have to read and read and read, so that I don't end up being the "target" again. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be Trauma 2 - the backup housemen for OT in case they decide to open 2 rooms for surgery. I'm hoping that they don't, but my luck kind of sucks so I'm prepared to be called in either way. :( I hate surgeries because they make me nervous. Being in the operation room with surgeons who expect a shit load from you is traumatizing. I sure hope its not Dr L or Dr A. Actually I hope its NONE of the Dr As (We have so many!). Ugh, I'm not sure who I'm rooting for. I just really really don't want to go in the OT!

On Saturday I'm S2 for OT, meaning that I'm going to be the person in the OT from 9am til 9pm for all emergency cases. I don't know who the MO will be. One of the Dr As? Dr S? Dr L?? No idea. I don't understand the MO's timetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment